Sunday, July 3, 2016

Day 60--Four
More departures yesterday. Tears were shed--no not mine. People always ask how can you ever part with any of them. Of course those questions come from folks that have never raised a litter, so they don't know how exhausting it can be. I always joke that I just pray the new owners show up on time. I won't say that I don't miss them, because I do, but when you know they are going to great new families and on to their own happy lives it makes it easier. I have been fortunate over the years that most families keep in touch with stories and pictures so that I can continue to be a part of their lives.
The first to leave yesterday was Eiven/Dash. As anyone that has followed this blog knows, Dash was a favorite of our grandson Gavin. We have been concerned about how he would handle departure day. His parents let him decide if he wanted to be here or not. He awoke yesterday morning in tears knowing that it was the day that Eiven would be heading to his new family and his new boy. Gavin did want to be here and we were all so proud of how he handled the situation. When the Engleka family arrived from North Carolina, Gavin greeted them by shouting out to Cole, "do you want to play?" Play they did. These two hit it off immediately and if they lived closer I'm sure would have become great friends. I'm sure this handoff picture will bring tears to some eyes; I know it does mine. 
I feel confident that Dash will have a wonderful life with this great family. We were all wishing they were able to stay for the weekend so we could get to know them better. Good luck to Cole, Violet, Rhiannon and Josh as you add this sweet puppy to your family. Holly and Rhiannon have exchanged cell phone numbers so they can send Gavin pictures and the two boys can do Facetime. Gavin waited until they pulled out to quietly cry for a short time---and then he went swimming.
Later in the evening Lori and her daughter Haley arrived to pick up Atz Lee. This is a puppy that was very hard to part with. What a sweet boy he is. He will be joining their other Dalmatian Sadie. I am awaiting news of how introductions went. Family negotiations continue on Atz Lee's new name. Lori is a club member here so I will get to see him from time to time.
 
Just four little spotted wonders remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment