Sunday, July 10, 2016

Day 67--Nine down, one to go.

Nearly three years ago when Hope was added to our family the planning began. Our hope was that she would turn out to be all that we expected in both looks, health and temperament so that we could breed her to Gage. Fate favored us and all worked as planned, not to mention she became a wonderful addition to our family. Health testing was done and once again fate favored us with wonderful results. I even went one extra step and had both Hope and Gage DNA tested and was surprised and very pleased to learn they were both liver factored and prayed that we would have some liver babies in their litter. Once again fate favored us with five liver spotted babies. The hope of all breeders is for strong, healthy puppies and once again fate gave us eleven strong, healthy beautiful babies. Then fate threw me a curve ball as I discovered one of those babies could not hear. I had just one short instant of "oh poor me" and then realized I was once again handed a beautiful gift. Little Charlotte (Marlee) was my Twist of Fate just like her daddy. I had not planned to keep a puppy for either of their litters. Marlee is already a wonderful blessing in our lives. I look forward to all that she will teach me.
The other blessing that this litter brought is some wonderful families that will be sharing their lives with these babies and new friends to add to my life. This is Bruce and Martha that came up from Virginia to get their boy Nikos. Nikos will have a wonderful life with this family on their horse farm. Martha has so many plans for this boy and already has him registered for his first classes. I look forward to following the story of his life.
The last of the families to come for their puppy was Wynn and Chris. They too had a very long drive and have spent the night in a local hotel. Plans are to come for Findlay first thing this morning. Findlay is already winning their hearts and he will have a wonderful life with them and their other two dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment