Saturday, July 9, 2016

Day 66--Sacrifices
Because we are nearly at the end of this adventure in the early life of this Final Frontier litter, I spent some time yesterday going back through the hundreds of photos that I have taken over the last nine weeks. So many precious moments, so many memories. Many brought tears to my eyes as I remembered each day and each milestone. Here are just a few of those moments. I should put a slide show together of all of the pictures that didn't make the blog---perhaps some day when I finally get rested.
I look back at Hope's journey through all of this, from the early weeks of morning sickness when she couldn't keep food down, to the only thing she would eat was my homemade Hamburger soup. To whelping day when she quietly gave birth to the first puppy while I slept next to her. What a wonderful mother she was. To now when she sees them all as playmates.
 
There were some sacrifices made through all of this---sleep being a big one, also a less than spotless house, yard work that didn't always get done, a fairy garden with weeds and my little garden pond that was neglected. I have been so busy caring for puppies that I wasn't paying attention and discovered my little fish sacrificed their lives though all of this. I'm sorry little fish.
 
All of the sacrifices have been worth the journey as I see the joy that these puppies are bringing to their new families.
 
The last two boys leave today. Marlee will miss her big brothers. Nikos family came from Virginia yesterday and spent some time out on the property getting to know him. They have pronounced him as perfect, beautiful, smart and loving. They will pick him up this morning and head back south.
 
Findlay will meet his new family later this afternoon.
Marlee gets one last cuddle from Nikos.

No comments:

Post a Comment