Monday, June 6, 2016

Day 33- So Pretty
I have decided to feature Jewel today. In my twenty years of breeding I have never bred a puppy with a blue eye, but on Saturday we discovered that this little beauty sports one very blue eye. She is a stunning puppy for sure and will make someone a beautiful, wonderful pet.
This sweet girl is Jewel and I think she is a Jewel, perhaps a sapphire. 

Like the other puppies, she is rather fearless and willing to try any challenge that is placed in their play yard. You may notice that she isn't sporting her orange band. Sometimes they lose their bands when they are wrestling with each other. Fortunately I have finally learned to tell them apart without the bands. I did replace hers and Findlay's later in the day. 
Someone will be very lucky indeed to have this girl join their family. 
The addition to the play yard yesterday was a cardboard box. Now that was the least expensive toy I have added and I think the biggest hit. The funniest moment was when I had it on the side and they tipped it over on top of one of the boys and captured him inside. He handled it well and then I went to his rescue.
Here is the majority of them in fun early morning play. They play hard for a while and then all head to a crate to rest up for the next round of play. 
Nikos and Sparrow giving each other a face kiss---or is it bite? 
I have been dreading this day for a while. I was summoned for jury duty the week the puppies were due to be born and I begged to be excused because of their impending birth. What they decided to do was delay my service for a month and today is that day. My husband will be on puppy duty today. I pray that I am not chosen for a trial, or if so that it is a short one. I am not opposed to doing my civic duty but this sure isn't a good time for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment