Friday, June 10, 2016

Day 37---Cuteness Overload
This darling little liver girl is Sparrow. She used to be the smallest in the litter but she has surpassed a couple of her sisters. What a very sweet puppy she is
 
Catching five week old puppies that are awake and not busy playing is not always easy but I tried to catch moments through the day to take a candid shot of each puppy. At the end of the day when I downloaded the pictures I realized I had not gotten a picture of Findlay or Bonnie. I will get them today.

Here is Atz Lee with the infamous pig. I had placed the pig in the play area a few days ago and no one was interested but yesterday Atz Lee discovered that it was a great toy to chew on even if it does grunt at him from time to time.
Otto remains the largest of the puppies at 5 1/2 pounds. I weighed everyone yesterday because they were once again wormed. It is important to know their weight so the proper amount of worming medicine is given. 
Jewel always has the sweetest expressions that it makes you want to pick her up and kiss her face. Of course we wait for a sit first.  
This little spitfire is Eve. I think I caught her winking at me. Two times yesterday she gave me a big laugh. There is a small opening in the fencing around their play area where I have it pulled together; this little monkey learned yesterday that she could squeeze through that opening. The big dogs were eating their afternoon meal and all of a sudden I saw Gia leave her food bowl. Now anyone that knows Gia knows she has never left a meal unfinished. I turn to discover Eve eating Gia's food. The other time was when I saw both Gia and Gage go flying out the door. I turned to see Eve chasing after them. I have blocked her escape route. Eve is also a liver colored girl.
What can I say about the precious Nikos. What a delight this young man is. He is among the quieter of the puppies and is a delight to cuddle with. I hope he grows up to be just like his daddy. 
Tiny baby Charlotte. I have not talked about her much because I didn't want anyone to feel sorry for her. Little Charlotte is deaf. I have never bred a deaf puppy before but any breeder that breeds Dalmatians has to be prepared for that to happen. We have decided that this precious little girl will stay right here and grow up with her Mommy and Daddy. I will learn to teach her and I suspect she will teach me even more. 
Then there is Miss Rose. What a cute baby she is. Cindy was here to visit again yesterday so her sister could see the Kidz before heading back south. Miss Rose decided that Cindy really needed to become her new Mom and she was all over her giving her a thousand kisses. 
Now everyone knows about Eiven. Gavin chose him from day one as the best puppy. Eiven has certainly been well socialized with kids because Gavin handles him so much. It is going to be a sad day for Gavin when Eiven heads to a new forever home. I think he will always remember his experience with this litter and hopefully Eiven's new family will send lots of pictures so Gavin can see him grow up. 
The Kidz have all discovered the water bowl and I check it often to be sure their is fresh water in it. There is a second bowl in the pen but they seem to prefer this one. As you can see, they are waiting in line for their turn. 
Holly came to do toenails again yesterday and we were pleased at how well the puppies did with that.

3 comments:

  1. Ha, start them early on the piggy I see LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful faces on these kids! I love the nose freckles that everyone seems to have.

    ReplyDelete