Friday, June 17, 2016


Day 44--Piranha
This is our little bird Sparrow. In the beginning she was one of the smaller puppies in the litter but she has since passed a couple of her sisters. She is very sweet and most often quiet---that is of course except when her new family visited and she chirped for attention while they were here. I have advised them, as I will the rest of the folks getting one of these pups, try not respond to the begging chirps. If you will respond to quiet, you will get a quieter puppy.

Just thought I would take a photo of a clean play yard. It doesn't take eleven six week old puppies long to make a mess of this. Though they are getting nearly 100% of the poop and 85% of the pee in the boxes, they tend to get the pine shavings all over the place. At least once a day I remove all of the puppies and all of the toys. I dump all three potty boxes and put fresh shavings in, sweep and mop the floor and put fresh bedding in the crate and dog bed. I had been putting the puppies all out in the outdoor pen while I do this but anyone who lives locally knows we had an awful, stormy, rainy day yesterday. I closed the sleeping pen and cleaned it first and then closed the Kidz in there while I cleaned the play area.
As they say at a fox hunt---release the hounds. 
They are all so funny to watch at play. Here Bonnie is defending her spot at the top of the Sit N Spin. She is daring Nikos to do something about it.
Nikos soon gives up and goes off to chew on the fish. He is a bit wet here after a meal.
Atz Lee chews a blanket as he watches his siblings at play. He soon after decided to join the fun. 
How many puppies can you fit in a tunnel? The tunnel is among one of the favorite toys. I don't keep it in the play yard, so each time I add it they all come running. 
Meal times are a hoot. Because there are so many of them I use two saucer dishes. Yesterday they decided to all eat from one, pushing, shoving, jumping on each other until everyone was wet. They then all moved to the second dish. I caught a short video of the second dish being devoured. Can you say Piranha?

No comments:

Post a Comment